Less is more, Vaud
My name is Marc (aka A.M) and music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember (i.e. even before my first...Read Biography
My name is Marc (aka A.M) and music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember (i.e. even before my first walkman ...). Although I have been playing the piano since age 9 and still do so to this day, I found DJing to be a great way to share the music I discover and my enthusiasm for it! I am currently available to play gigs in Suisse Romande, so please contact me for booking details.
Here is a brief timeline of my journey in electronic music so far:
- 2012: first proper party (in London) and discovery of the track "Moth" by Burial, which started my passion for electronic music
- Since 2015 : growing interest in the culture surrounding house and techno, wich led to multiple trips to Berlin aimed to discover its local club scene (<3 Hopetosse, Sisyphos' Wintergarten , Berghain's Panorama Bar) and record shops (<3 black.round.twelve, Bikini Records, Elevate, Hardwax). All these experiences helped me define myself musically throughout the years
- 2016: feeling the urge to make something out of the records I had accumulated and to share the love, I got myself a pair of Technics turntables, a mixer and started to learn the art of mixing under the guidance of YannOO's tutorials (credits: https://la-guerre-des-potards.com)
- 2018: 10+ hours B2B during a (pretty big) local rave (Fl*n Patate for the ones who were there hehe - fuck yeah that was wild) : only significant "public event" which made me hungry for more!
- 2012 to this day: as many trips as possible to local record stores (<3 LEGRAM VG) and other ones not too far away (<3 Yoyaku) ; attending local raves, parties (<3 les Copains d'Abord) or clubs (<3 Folklor's artistic programming and Elysia's soundsystem, to only cite two of them)
For those recognizing the names I have cited previously, it will be obvious that the music I play is heavily influenced by minimalism. It just so happens to be a big part of my lifestyle too.
With this aesthetic in the background, I usually strive to create a vibe / soundscape that - whilst staying true to myself - is inspired by the place and the people *with whom and *for whom I play.
Thank you for bearing with me thus far and feel free to get in touch (:
· Niche genres I love to mix / listen to: minimal house and techno (<3 the 'Romanian vibe') and (in other situations) German industrial techno
· Other genres I enjoy mixing and listening to: house with some deep / jazz / garage / funk / disco / electro / breakbeat influences, dub techno and a touch of liquid drum'n'bass
· Not electronica I enjoy listening to but I do not usually mix: R&B (old-school) and hip-hop (mostly instrumentals), jazz, rock (mainly indie), folk and classical music (particularly Debussy, Satie, Ravel).
Tag: djing, minimal, dj, electronic music, techno, house