– Western lies
- The album denounces our capitalist society sarcastically and metaphorically. The atmosphere is dark, disturbing and full of...Read Biography
- The album denounces our capitalist society sarcastically and metaphorically. The atmosphere is dark, disturbing and full of mysticism. Hints of film music, inspired and powerful rock songs, electronic loops, unique guitar solos and dreamy melodies will take the audience on an unexpected spiritual journey.
- Western Lies is a DIY project. During one year, the musicians isolated themselves from the outside world in their self-built studio to create their very own sound. On every level, the experimentations led to a unique album. The songwriting, the sound and the atmosphere that shines on Western Lies are beyond classification. Let’s call it the first Creative Rock or Mystic Rock album.
Dirty Sound Magnet
- Before the Western Lies era, Dirty Sound Magnet was a four piece 70s’ rock machine heavily influenced by Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and other classic rock legends. With its first lineup, the band released two albums: What Lies Behind (2012) and The Bloop (2014). Both albums gathered rave reviews from rock critics while the track Chocolate Woman got radio airplay around Europe. Their sincere passion and the skills they acquired, both individually and as a band during that first cycle, opened the gates towards a fresh and very personal musical approach.
- Ever since 2015, the four-piece ensemble evolved into a power trio. The three original members are now 100% committed to the project of their lifetime: Dirty Sound Magnet. They have no other occupation and have been secretly rehearsing, composing and recording for two entire years.
- Gradually, Dirty Sound Magnet started rejecting the usual stereotypes and clichés of rock’n’roll. Their total immersion, their beliefs and their growing inspiration led to the creation of a new genre: Creative Rock. Music is the big star here and the only thing in the foreground when it comes to Dirty Sound Magnet. The Creative Rock genre offers infinite possibilities. Every single song benefits from a new approach in terms of arrangement, style and sound. The instrumentation and the attitude hints at Rock music but the music comes from somewhere else, somewhere no one has gone before…
- Dirty Sound Magnet’s music is made of contrast. At any time, an outburst of raw electrifying energy can transform into mysterious and emotionally overwhelming landscapes made of complex colorful layers. The eye sees three musicians while the ear hears an orchestra.