– Updating 08.07.2020
GIANFRANCO GFN (Short Bio)
Gianfranco is a guitarist and composer whose influences are jazz, blues, bossa, funk and...Read Biography
GIANFRANCO GFN (Short Bio)
Gianfranco is a guitarist and composer whose influences are jazz, blues, bossa, funk and rock... After his first Solo album "Linea" followed by his EP "Interlude" (two tracks of which are regularly covered by Swiss radios), Gianfranco releases his second album "Downtown in Person 70's" composed of 11 instrumental tracks in an Acid-Jazz style. (Four tracks are regularly covered by Swiss radios) This album is composed of a rhythm section full of groove, a brass section overflowing with energy, and well " Giazz " melodies full of musical colors, a hint of bossa and jazzwalz, which completes this album that will transport you into a musical world trendy Giazz ... 70s. 2018 the adventure continues with the preparation of the 3rd Album and with a newcomer in the troupe, a singer. This new Opus was made with 14 artists - musicians, all original compositions, good Groove, " Good VIBES " To be listened to relentlessly. The Album was released on April 17, 2019 in Digital followed by the CD, some tracks are in Rotation in the Swiss Radios and various countries like France, Germany, Ireland, Russia, and others. February 2020 the 4th Album project starts with the first Studio sessions, in parallel it records Unplugged tracks that can be already listened online.
1966 Birth in Biel (Switzerland)
1973 Guitar debut
1981 First Concert
1984 First Disc (45t. Vinyl)
1989 First Production
1994 Various musical projects and adventures (Acid-Jazz, Pop-Rock, etc...)
2000 Great turning point in my musical world.
2011 First Solo Disc (LINEA)
2015 EP 4 Titles (Interlude)
2016 Second Solo Disc (Downtown In Person 70'S)
2017 First TRAILER, 4th Clip, 6 tracks programmed On Radio
2018 Preparation of the 3rd Album / With 16 Musicians & Artists
2019 Release of the 3rd Album " CA'GIAZZ ".
2020 Start 4th Album Project
- 2011 « LINEA »
- 2015 « Interlude »
- 2016 « DOWNTOWN IN PERSON 70’S
- 2019 « CA’GIAZZ
GIANFRANCO GFN (Organic Complete)
Guitarist & Composer.
Gianfranco was born on October 8, 1966 in Biel (Switzerland). He started playing the guitar at the age of 7, took a few lessons in his teenage years and ended up being self-taught. He is particularly influenced by jazz, blues, bossa, funk without denying his Mediterranean origins, which can be felt in his warm and groovy compositions.
From 1973 to 2010
Gianfranco first took to the stage in 1981 with the rock and hard rock band Fears, formed in the late 70s and playing original compositions. A true jack of all trades, he collaborated with various bands from 1982 onwards, moving happily from one style to another. During these years he took part in several album productions, played with different musicians, while performing in Switzerland and abroad. His solo project was born in 2005.
In 2011 he produces his 1st album " LINEA " recorded in Home Studio, with the collaboration of Marco Manco for the piano and programming parts. "LINEA" is a suite of 17 groove-lounge guitar tracks. This first solo album is a clever mix of funk, jazz and bossa, with a touch of blues and a hint of acid-jazz. Línea is the fruit of several years of passion for music in all its forms.
In 2012, he composes 3 tracks recorded in Home Studio. TEMOE & VOGALONGA and RELAX, three compositions that will never be officially produced, except VOGALONGA in 2015 which will be released on the 2nd album in a new version.
2013 will be the year when the last album "WEST COAST" was produced with the band TRIBÙ, (last official band of GIANFRANCO GFN).
A Mini Album "Interlude" will be released in 2014. This EP, recorded live in studio and mixed between October and November 2014, was a first adventure with professional musicians. Two of the four tracks will be programmed on Swiss radios.
In October 2015 begins the recordings of the 2nd Album " DONWTOWN IN PERSON 70'S " released on September 16th 2016. This production is a turning point in his musical career, as eleven professional musicians participated in this Opus. Some of these musicians were already part of the mini EP " INTERLUDE " and joined Lucien Dubuis on Sax, Bass clarinet and arranger for the Copper section. Eleven new titles, all instrumental in an Acid-Jazz Style, a rhythm section full of Groove, one of copper overflowing with energy and well " Giazz " melodies full of musical colours with a hint of Bossa and Jazz-Walz that transports you to the 70'S.
That same year GIANFRANCO GFN creates its own label "96 Montigolfiera Production" (96 Prodo.Monti).
In December 2016, with a part of the musicians, he starts already some demos, ideas of tracks that will be part of future productions. At the end of December 2016, 6 tracks from the two previous albums are scheduled on radio stations in Switzerland.
The year 2017 will be marked by the launch of the project "Troubadour On Tour". The aim of this project was to produce a live documentary filmed in the form of a "special guest", but due to a lack of funds, it will not take place in the end. In June, participation in the MIDEM in Cannes (F) where the album "DONWTOWN IN PERSON 70'S" was represented on the SUISA stand with an interview on the radio "Africaraïbe" based in Nice (F) by Philippe Déjardin. The same year, the clip "Last Chance" was directed and produced with the participation of the KFM crew "hip-hop dancers".
In 2018, he starts the preparation of the 3rd Album "CA'GIAZZ". It is the beginning of the adventure with Anaïse Jolidon (singer). The first demos start on June 5, 2018 at the Trilogy studio in Serrière (NE) Switzerland. On this new Opus, 14 artists participated in its realization. This album will have taken a little more than a year and a half to complete, but an even more extraordinary adventure than the previous one! 11 new songs, an orchestra of 14 musicians, quite simply a magnificent adventure. The album will be released on April 17, 2019 and distributed in STREAMING and digital on more than 250 platforms! The track "Distance" will be shared on more than 100 playlists across Europe and various countries of the world.
On February 20, 2020 the 4th Album project starts with the first Studio sessions! 3 first tracks are recorded with Matthieu Llodra (Piano), Mimmo Pisino (Bass), Steve Grant (Drums) and Florence Chitacumbi (Vocals), first takes at Trylogie studio in Serrières -Neuchâtel Switzerland. This same year will also be the year of the production of various video clips of the new album, but also the recording in Live-Studio and "UNPLUGGED" of some tracks. This new project is more sober than the previous ones but still in the "GIAZZ" style.
To date, only two "Exceptional" concerts have been performed, this is due to a choice of GIANFRANCO GFN. Today he prefers to devote himself to the composition, production and realization of pieces!
GIANFRANCO GFN and his band "MYSTERY".
All the musicians and artists who play or have played for me in my projects come from different musical styles and worlds. Their experience, particularity and taste bring a "MAGIC TOUCH" to my songs and my musical world. I like the mix of musicians that bring a " GOOD VIBES ". That's why I call them " MYSTERY " because of their speciality and a bit of madness.
(*) all the musicians who have participated since the beginning of the GIANFRANCO GFN solo adventure are mentioned below according to their appearances in the albums.
The adventure continues, you can follow GIANFRANCO GFN on various platforms and on his website, see you soon...
let's groove and music must go on
Label: " 96 Production Montigolfiera " (my own label) born in 2015.
GIANFRANCO GFN and his BAND “MYSTERY”
Musicians/artists who have participated since the beginning of my Solo adventure:
- Marco Manco : Pianiste (Linea)
- Pascal Brunko : Piano, effets, ingénieur du son. (LINEA, Interlude, Downtown In Person 70’S)
- Gérardo Iula : Basse (Linea-vidéo)
- Wolfgang Hafner : Percussion (Linea-vidéo)
- Steve Grant : Drums (Interlude, Downtown In Person 70’S, Cà Giazz)
- Mimmo Pisino : Basse (Interlude, Downtown In Person 70’S, Cà Giazz)
- Caryl Baker : Piano (Interllude, Downtown In Person 70’S)
- Pippo Giglio : Percussion (Interlude)
- Anne-Marie Harpe : Harpe (Interlude)
- Thomas Monti : Sax Tenor (Interlude, Downtown In Person 70’S)
- Julien Clénin : Trombone (Downtown In Person 70’S)
- Lucien Dubuis : Sax Baryton, Clarinette Basse, Sax Tenor (Downtown In Person 70’S, Cà Giazz)
- Thomas Stchopp (Trombone) (Downtown In Person 70’S)
- Matthias Spillmann (Trompette) (Downtown In Person 70’S)
- Stéphane (El Niño) : Percussion (Downtown In Person 70’S, Cà Giazz)
- Arthur Donnot : Sax (Cà Giazz)
- Shems Bendali : Trompette (Cà Giazz)
- Zacharie Ksyk : Trombone (Cà Giazz)
- Anaïse Jolidon : Chant (Cà Giazz)
- Matthieu LIodra : Keyboard. (Cà Giazz)
- Joëlle Mauris : Violonceliste (Cà Giazz)
- Amin Mokdad : Flutiste (Cà Giazz)
- Luigi Galati: Drums (Live)
- Franco fersino (Franki) : Guitar solo (Cà Giazz)
- Florence Chitacumbi : Vocals & Double Voix. (Cà Giazz)
- Jay : Ingénieur du son (Cà Giazz)
- Bahia de Giazz and Race Criminals Cosmos, programmed on RadioSwiss Jazz. (2015)
- Various Radio interviews: RFJ, RJB, RTN (2015 -2017)
- The album LINEA has been for a while as background music on center cal (2011-12)
- The "Turn Around" Video Clip on the "Léman Bleu" and "Latélé" Television (2015)
- One of my Songs on the English airwaves ( Ipswich community Radio) (2011-12)
- The album "Downtown In Person 70'S" on Sophiemusic.co.UK (2016)
- The album "Downtown In Person 70'S" on Il Musicista Indie (Italy) (2016)
- The album "Downtown In Person 70'S" 4 tracks programmed on "Radio Swiss Jazz".
Last Chance, Say Goodbey, Vogalonga, Sea and Sun. (2016)
- First Article in the Journal du Jura on December 21, 2016 (by Julien Baumann).
- Streaming Interview on FB "musicadipiù" Federico Leornadi (2017)
- Participation on the Swiss Stand (Suisa) with my 2nd Album at MIDEM cannes (F), June 2017.
- Interview on radio " Africaraïbe " Nice (F) by Philippe Déjardin (2017) (MIDEM).
- Release of a " Trailer " by RA'Production 2019
- The album "CA'GIAZZ" 2019/ is available on more than 250 digital platforms.
- CA'GIAZZ Programmed on SHUNKRADIO Live Audition (England) 2019
- Distance from "CA'GIAZZ" on various Webradio and Palylist (France, Belgium, Etc.) 2019
- MONEY programmed on Swiss Jazz Radio. (2019)
- Soul Of My destiny, Love Never Dies, Money, and Butterfly, in Rotation on Rete Uno (Switzerland)2019
- Love Never Dies , On Option Music RSR 2019
- Various pieces of CA'GIAZZ programmed on Radios between: USA, Canada, France, England, Russia, Africa, Germany, Ireland, etc..2019
- Adagio (Unplugged) 2020 on various Playlists around the world.
Various pictures are on my website.
See you soon