Easy/Film, Easy Listening, Bern
– Updating: 08.25.2019.
GIANFRANCO GFN (Short Biography)
Gianfranco is a guitarist and composer whose influences are jazz, blues, bossa and...Read Biography
GIANFRANCO GFN (Short Biography)
Gianfranco is a guitarist and composer whose influences are jazz, blues, bossa and funk... After his first album Solo "Linea" followed by his EP "Interlude" (two tracks are
Regularly covered by Swiss radio stations), Gianfranco releases his second album "Downtown in Person 70's'" composed of 11 Instrumental tracks in an Acid-Jazz style. (Of which four titles areRegularly covered by Swiss radio stations) This album consists of a rhythmic section full of groove, a copper section full of energy, and good "Giazz" melodies full of musical colours, a hint of bossa and jazzwalz, which completes this album that will transport you into a Musical world Giazz trend.... Years 70' S. 2018 the adventure continues with the preparation of the 3rd Album and with a newcomer in the troupe, a singer. This new Opus is released on April 17, 2019 in Digital followed by the CD.
1966 Birth in Biel (Switzerland)
1973 Start on the Guitar
1981 First Concert
1984 First Disc (45t. Vinyl)
1989 First Production
1994 Various musical projects and adventures (Acid-Jazz, Pop-Rock, etc...)
2000 Great turning point in my musical world.
2011 First Solo Disc (LINEA)
2015 EP 4 Securities (Interlude)
2016 Second Solo Disc (Downtown In Person 70'S)
2017 First TRAILER, 4th Clip, 6 songs programmed in Radio
2019 Release of the 3rd Album "CA'GIAZZ"
- 2011 "LINEA"
- 2015 "Interlude"
- 2016 "DOWNTOWN IN PERSON 70'S
- 2019 "CA'GIAZZ"
Born on 8 October 1966 in Biel (Switzerland), son of Italian immigrants, Gianfranco began playing guitar at the age of 7, first as a group at school and then by attending classes given by a jazz guitar teacher. He is particularly influenced by jazz, blues, bossa, funk without denying his Mediterranean origins, which is reflected in his warm and groovy compositions.
From 1973 to 2010
Gianfranco first appeared on stage in 1981 with the rock and hard rock group Fears, formed in the late 1970s and playing original compositions. A true jack-of-all-trades, he has been collaborating with various groups since 1982, moving happily from one style to another: Italian song with I ragazzi del sole (with the release of a 45 rpm), disco, on horseback between 1988 and 1989, with Orpheus (two maxi 45 rpm), Italian rock with DFN (production of a CD album) various concerts including one opening for (Young Gods in Biel), acid-jazz in 1996 with In Person (a CD album) then a passage to the UIB Big Band in Bienne in 2000 whose repertoire consists of jazz standards (release of a live album on CD). It was in 2005 that his solo project was born. His first
opus Linea is the result of several years of passion for music in all its forms.
MUSIC / ALBUM
2011: 1st Album: LINEA
Linea is a suite of 17 groove-lounge guitar tracks. This first solo album is a clever mix of
funk (Troubadour and Dr. NO), jazz and bossa (A sud di...), with a touch of blues and a hint of acid- jazz (Telefono).
2012: 3 Tracks
3 tracks are released in 2012, recorded in Home Studio. TEMOE & VOGALONGA composition Gianfranco Nuzzzo, programming & Mixing Cédric Liardet (Members of The Rampling Weehls). RELAX composition Gianfranco Nuzzo, programming and mixing Pascal Brunkow. (In particular producer of Moonraiser and Booost).
2013: Album with TRIBÙ.
2nd Album with TRIBÙ "West Coast" Composition Gianfranco Nuzzo and Marc Etienne : Keyboards With Wofgang Hafner : Percussion, Yves Indermaur : Drums, Gerrado Iula : Bass. Recorded and mixed at Damp studio in St-Blaise NE, sound engineer Pascal Brunkow.
2014: Mini Album "Interlude"
The Mini album "Interlude" was recorded and mixed in October and November 2014 at the Damp Studio in St-Blaise. A great adventure with professional musicians, Mimmo Pisino: Bass, Steve Grant : Drums, Caryl Baker : Keyboard, Pipo Giglio : Percussion, Anne-Marie Harpe : Harp, Thomas Monti : Saxophone.
2015: 2nd Solo Album
Preparation of my 2nd solo album, 11 tracks. Start of recordings in October 2015, at the Studio "Damp Studio" in St Blaise NE Switzerland, (Release planned for 2016) with : Steve Grant: Drums, Mimmo Psiono : Bass, Caryl Baker : Piano, Lucien Dubuis : Sax and clarinet Bass and arranger for the Copper section, Thomas Monti : Sax tenor, Julien Clénin : Trombone, Stépahne Jörg (El Nino) : Percussion, Pascal Brunkow : Sound engineer.
2016: September 21st release of the 2nd Album. "Downtown In Person 70'S"
New Album by Gianfranco GFN, 11 new instrumental titles in an Acid-Jazz Style, accompanied by professional musicians. After the first album "LINEA" followed by a mini album "Interlude" where 2 songs "Race Crimninals Cosmos" and "Bahia de Giazz" are programmed on the Radio, here is the latest one born with a rhythm section full of Groove, a copper section bursting with energy, and Bien "Giazz" melodies full of musical colours, a hint of Bossa, Jazz-Walz is what completes this Album that will transport you into a musical world "Mine" with a Giazz tendency.. Years 70' S.
Release on I-Tunes on September 21, 2016.
CD release November 2016
Continuation of the adventure: new studio session (December 2016) with a part of the musicians for some demos. Ideas for songs that may be part of a new album. December 2016 two short stories: 4 songs from "Downtown In Person 70'S" scheduled on the radio, and a first article in "Le Journal du jura".
Launching of the project "Troubadour On Tour", which will be a "live" filmed as a documentary with "special Guest" this project is done in collaboration with Stella Event. June participation at MIDEM in Cannes (F) where my CD was represented on the SUISA stand, with another interview on the radio "Africaraïbe" based in Nice (F) by Philippe Déjardin. Realization of my poster made by Seyo. Realization and Production of the Clip "Last Chance" realized by Imageryprod. With the participation of KFM crew "hip-hop dancers". First official concert on December 8, 2017 at the CBB in Biel.
Start of the preparation of the 3rd Album. On this new album there will be songs with vocals. Beginning of the adventure with Anaïse Jolidon as singer, and with Pat Viccaro as lyricist. The first models began on June 5, 2018 at the Trilogy studio in Serrière (NE) Switzerland, with Mimmo Pisino (Bass), Steve Grant (Drums), Anaïse Jolidon (Singer), Matthieu LIodra (Keyboard), Lucien Dubuis (Clarinette Basse). On this new Opus, there are 3 newcomers who are Shems Bendali (Trumpet), Zacharie Ksyk (Trombone), and Arthur Donnot (Sax Tenor), and to complete the team the percussionist Stéphane Joerg El Nińo. The album is scheduled for release in spring 2019. The copper arrangements are made by Lucien Dubuis and Arthur Donnot. For one of the songs "New Day" I invited a cellist who is Joëlle Mauris. On the song "Soul Of My Destiny" another guest, Flutist Amin Mokdad. This new Opus consists of 11 songs with vocals and probably 3 instrumental pieces. November 13th 2018 was a special day because I gathered my whole troupe "Mystery" at the studio "Trilogy" to record the base of 4 songs and we did the first photo shooting with all of them, a very busy but beautiful and full of emotions day. Two other guests joined this magnificent adventure: Franco Fersino (Franki) Solo Guitar, and singer Florence Chitacumbi for the double voices.
From January to March implementation of the latest sound and voice recordings, as well as Mixing and Mastering! A very busy period with also all the preparation for the release of the album still planned for early spring 2019. This new album will have taken a little over a year and a half to do so, but an even more extraordinary adventure than the previous one! The arrival of new artists, 11 new songs and this time with singing, backing, an orchestra that has grown, in short simply a wonderful adventure. From June 2019 the album will be distributed in STREAMING and digital on more than 250 platforms including the main ones like Spotify, Deezer, Apple, Google, etc... moreover the track "Distance" has been shared on more than 100 playlists across Europe and almost the rest of the world.
It is on April 17, 2019 that my new album, was released in DIGITAL.
Release of the CD 17 May 2019 / For Switzerland Possible to order it via My WEB site.
- « Foresta » Tiré de mon premier Album « LINEA » 2011 ( réalisé par Fred Coince)
- « Telefono » Tiré de mon premier Album « LINEA » 2013 ( réalisé par Thierry Surdez)
- « Turn Around » Tiré de mon mini Album « INTERLUDE » 2015 (réalisé par Thierry Surdez)
- « Last Chance » Tiré de mon 2ème Album « DownTown In Person 70’S » (Réalisé par Imageryprod) 2017. Avec la Troupe KFMcrew.
- « Trailer (réalisé par Imageryprod) 2017
- 2018 Live Concert au CBB Vidéo. Extrait sur MX3
- 2019 Trailer réalisé par R&A Prod. Pour le Nouvel Album « CA’GIAZZ »
Musicians and artists who have participated since the beginning of my adventure in Solo:
- Marco Manco : Pianiste ( sur l’album LINEA)
- Pascal Brunko : Piano, effets, ingénieur du son.
- Gérardo Iula : Basse ( sur l’album LINEA)
- Wolfgang Hafner : Percussion (sur l’album LINEA)
- Steve Grant : Drums
- Mimmo Pisino : Basse
- Caryl Baker : Piano
- Pippo Giglio : Percussion
- Anne-Marie Harpe : Harpe
- Thomas Monti : Sax Tenor
- Julien Clénin : Trombone
- Lucien Dubuis : Sax Baryton, Clarinette Basse, et plus..
- Thomas Stchopp (Trombone)
- Matthias Spillmann (Trompette)
- Stéphane (El Niño) : Percussion
- Arthur Donnot : Sax
- Shems Bendali : Trompette
- Zacharie Ksyk : Trombone
- Anaïse Jolidon : Chant
- Matthieu LIodra : Keyboard.
- Joëlle Mauris : Violonceliste
- Amin Mokdad : Flutiste
- Luigi Galati: Drums
- Franco fersino (Franki) : Guitar solo
- Florence Chitacumbi : Double Voix.
- Jay : Ingénieur du son
Parolier / Parolière :
- Pat Viccaro
- Anaïse Jolidon
- « 96 Production Montigolfiera" (my own label) born in 2015.
- Bahia de Giazz and Race Criminals Cosmos, programmed on RadioSwiss Jazz. (2015)
- Various Radio Interviews: RFJ, RJB, RTN (2015 -2017)L’album LINEA a été un certain temps comme musique de fond sur center cal (2011-12)
- The "Turn Around" Video Clip on "Léman Bleu" and "Latélé" Television (2015)
- Passage of one of my songs on the English airwaves ( Ipswich community Radio) (2011-12)
- The album "Downtown In Person 70'S" on Sophiemusic.co.UK (2016)
- The album "Downtown In Person 70'S" on Il Musicista Indie (Italy) (2016)
- The album "Downtown In Person 70'S" 4 tracks scheduled on "Radio Swiss Jazz »
Last Chance, Say Goodbey, Vogalonga, Sea and Sun. (2016)
- First Article in the Journal du Jura on 21 December 2016 ( by Julien Baumann).
- Streaming interview on FB "musicadipiù" Federico Leornadi (2017)
- Participation on the Swiss Stand (Suisa) with my 2nd Album at MIDEM cannes (F), June 2017.
- Interview on radio "Africaraïbe" Nice (F) by Philippe Déjardin (2017) (MIDEM).
- Release of a "Trailer" by RA'Production 2019-
- the album "CA'GIAZZ" 2019/ is available on more than 250 digital platforms.
- CA'GIAZZ Programmed on SHUNKRADIO Live Audition (England) 2019
- Distance from "CA'GIAZZ" on various Webradio and Palylist (France, Belgium, Etc...) 2019
- MONEY programmed on RadioSwiss Jazz. (2019)